Greenways (Year 9)
New Year 9 Campus Opening 2013
Totally Engaging The Modern Learner
Greenways Year 9 campus is an exciting and totally unique development at Mentone Grammar where our students will be provided with innovative learning spaces, state of the art learning technologies, dynamic learner focused delivery of the national curriculum and unique programs within our community in a dedicated facility on site at Mentone.
Works are underway to totally transform Thorold Hall into Greenways Campus ready for opening in 2013.
- The vision is to provide Year 9s with a dynamic, inspirational, engaging and connected learning culture.
- The Greenways Campus is on site at Mentone – rather than moving our Year 9s away, as many other schools do, we are rising to the challenge and keeping them connected as an integral part of our school community.
- Our existing Year 9 program, 9^4 - ‘Nine to the Power of Four’, which has been successfully running for 7 years, will be continuing, reinvigorated and integrated into the Greenways program.
- The dedicated Greenways campus building will have myriad state-of-the-art technology options and innovative learning spaces.
- The program will be tailored to the specific learning styles of this age group – for example, timetabling subjects at the best time of day for effective learning by adolescents.
- The curriculum will be delivered by a dedicated teaching team to the National curriculum standards with differentiated learning at the core of delivery – using technology, unique learning spaces and recognising self-paced learning.
- In addition to the detailed 9^4 program, key features of the Year 9 experience at Mentone Grammar will include a student run café (with a difference), a fitness challenge for all students; innovative learning options and there will be an intensive literacy and numeracy focus.
- Limited Year 9 places for 2013 and 2014 are available.
Year 9 at Mentone...a dynamic, inspirational, engaging and connected learning culture.
For enrolment enquiries please contact the Registrar.
Mentor article by Ms Natalie McLennan, Head of Greenways.